When we decide to lose weight, we search the net for wonderful tips, consult our friends or go to gym. This is good but sometimes we resort to shortcuts following all those media ads which convince us that we can lose weight without any exercise. We opt for shortcuts like fad diets, only when we feel desperate about improving our looks.
DO NOT SACRIFICE YOUR HEALTH FOR QUICK RESULTS
Before starting to lose weight, fix the goal of staying fit as your main purpose and have long-term goals in mind. Remember, it’s not a get slim quick plan. By losing weight quickly, you will start feeling exhausted and will find it difficult to maintain the weight-loss. You may also develop medical complications. Be slow and steady. This will help you lose weight safely. Anything that works is simple.
As per research findings of National Weight Control Registry (NWCR)
98% of Registry participants report that they modified their food intake in some way to lose weight.
- 94% increased their physical activity, with the most frequently reported form of activity being walking.
Medically, it is advisable to lose not more than 1 to 2 lbs per week. That is the best way to lose weight.
If you develop strict discipline and follow these steps, you won’t need to spend money on weight loss programs for the rest of your life.
1. Start your weight program with positive attitude.
You need to be careful about your thoughts. Fix your goal and believe in yourself. Get rid of frustrations and visualize yourself as having achieved your goal of ideal body weight.
2. Sit with your doctor and tell him about your goal.
This is essential because he can recommend the amount and frequency of exercise and give you nutritional advice.
3. Control your diet without compromising on nutrition.
It’s all about calories. When the energy output is more than the energy intake, our body uses the excess fat it has stored. So, decrease the amount of food you eat and cut your food portion sizes.
Make it sure that while cutting calories there is no nutritional deficiency.
4. Speed up metabolism with regular physical exercise.
People with more muscles burn more calories. Your exercise regimen should be a mix of stretching, muscular and aerobic exercises.
5. Be consistent and persistent.
Fix monthly and yearly goals and stick to your routine.
Some more tips:
- Take good care of your liver as it plays an important role in fat metabolism.
- Develop good eating habits.
- Take natural, preferably organic multivitamin supplements.
- Limit the intake of salt, sugar and fats.
- Never skip meals.
- Keep yourself busy and keep healthy snacks at home.
- Add protein, fibers, omega 3 oils to your diet.
- Eat fresh fruits and salads.
- Use stairs instead of the lift.
The biggest challenge is to stay motivated for your weight-loss plan. Learn these techniques to keep yourself motivated to ensure success.
CAUTION : If you have a physical challenge, consult your doctor before starting any exercise and diet plan.
Photo via pixabay