Internet is amazing. Because of many online business opportunities, people have found it easier to own a business where sky is the limit. The best part is that you have the option to do this business from your home or from anywhere in the world without an office. You are your own boss.
It is a wonderful thing to be online but the problem arises when you start to ignore important works and family. This is because you get into the comfort zone and develop the habit of procrastination.
It is essential to make a healthy choice of keeping online and offline balance while doing online business. Don’t let your online world replace the offline world.
In offline profession you are in real touch with people. You reduce the chances of getting lost into the virtual world of internet. You are also learning skills like human relations and public speaking etc.
Remember the internet bubble. Be aware that online business trends change very fast and the competition is getting fierce.
If you are serious about your goals and have decided to make it big, you must do online business in a balanced way.
Follow these suggestions to avoid costly mistakes as you build your online business:
- Make sure that you have sufficient income from your present profession to meet regular expenses. This will give you motivation and you won’t be under stress. Otherwise, you may become frustrated and ultimately quit your online business.
- Don’t follow any shortcuts. If you are into online business for making quick money in legitimate way then you need to do a reality check. It takes lots of learning and time to start making real money online.
- Stay healthy. Never ignore your health with overuse of computers.
- Be aware of the scams online and learn how to avoid these.
- Sit down and write your life goals and plan how your online business can be helpful in achieving these goals.
- Strive to be an expert. You need to learn all the tips and tricks to be successful in any profitable online venture. Find the resources where you can get the best knowledge about your chosen field. For example, if you want to learn about blogging, dailypost.wordpress.com , problogger.net and copyblogger.com are very good resources.
- Give equal importance to offline activities. Never ignore your offline profession and other important jobs.
- Follow online security practices and learn tips to keep your website secure if you have any self hosted site.
- Make a strict schedule / time table. Fix time for each activity as you have a limited number of hours to work each day.
- Don’t jump into too many ventures at a time. Don’t spread yourself too thin by chasing every idea.
- Make a team and learn to delegate . You will need to bring in more people as your business grows.
- If you are in debts, make a repayment plan and take immediate action. Get rid of debt worries as you will have better focus on your work.
- Be honest and ethical. Instead of being focused on making money, genuinely help people to solve their problems and give them what they are looking for.
- Be organized. Stop spending time online aimlessly.
- Keep learning, stay motivated, be consistent and never quit.
The best way is to keep things balanced by doing offline and online activities harmoniously. Our goal should be to lead a happy, fulfilled life and not to stay online.
Photo credit pixabay